Banaras, A Mystic Love Story

Banaras is not a destination its a journey of our lives. If you go to watch this movie for a ready-made solution or only to "kill" two hours, you may get disappointed. Banaras is aimed to create a thirst for something one is generally uncomfortable to explore.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Banaras at the Wychwood festival in England

Banaras receives standing ovation at the Wychwood festival in Cheltnham.

Cheltnham is among one of the most picturesque locations in England. The festival for music and movies was organized in the famous Cheltnham racecourse grounds of this beautiful city. The festival attracted more than 8000 people on this sunny and warm Saturday of the 2nd day of the June.

The movie Banaras, a mystic love story was selected as the only Hollywood movie ‘cause of its “spiritual” appeal.

The audience comprised of families and mature audience who were all enthralled with the music, dance and the sheer experience of watching the movie.

The intensity and the effect of the movie were visible on the audience as many of them had tears in their eyes. The viewers were all English and Europeans. At the end of the movie, I was invited to come to the stage and take questions.

It was a wonderful feeling to know that the movie had connected so well with the audience who knew nothing about Banaras and did not speak Hindi.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vinay Yadav said...

Good to see you are carrying the Varanasi movie forward and displaying it at international level.

I liked this movie at lot - but failed to understand as why people rejected it at the box-office.

Good luck.


http://www.evaranasi.com

Monday, June 18, 2007 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger crabby said...

this movie was a great expirience. please also write about how you came across this story, what is your depection, what you wanted to potray. its because all of those who watched the movie loved it but have diffrent understanding of the movie. For me movie depicted the human nature so well and also empasized on the complete devtion to the almight and truthness of heart. It would be graet to know what the movie meant to you.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sandhya,

The script is my own search for the truth.It's based on my own experience and perception of the reality.

People have their knowledge and perceptions based on their own experiences and therefore perceive the movie differently, which is not surprising.

I am pleased to learn that it made a positive impression on you.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:23:00 PM  
Blogger Free said...

Dear Mr. Singh,

I stumbled in your blog as I was searching for some info on the movie Banaras, a Mystic Love Story.

The movie was very deep and touching. I recently lost my dearest patty, and have been thinking about the meaning of our life, choices, and values. I felt so elated that someone captured our creation, our indian DNA, carefully and put it into a movie.

In my experience, there are many things Indian parents might do to "help" their children, or help themselves. But at the end of the day, we all prostrate and value our Masters, our elders, and even, as my patty did, the wise sadhus who come to our homes for alms. This truth is a source of strength and peace for our people.

I have lived in many countries around the world, but have never found a place with such simple generosity as in India, in the smaller cities.

I was supposed to go to Benares for a cerimony for patty, but I ended up with a severe flu. Your movie transported me there, and I could visualize her departure, after a happy, peaceful and accomplished life.

The generosity of our Truth, the one uncovered by our Masters, is that for all there is redemption, there is learning, and the whole universe is offering us a helping hand. This was the thought that brought me peace with my patty's departure. And, I think this was what your movie brought forth for me.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home