Banaras, A Mystic Love Story

Banaras is not a destination its a journey of our lives. If you go to watch this movie for a ready-made solution or only to "kill" two hours, you may get disappointed. Banaras is aimed to create a thirst for something one is generally uncomfortable to explore.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

IFFI GOA Contd...



As people assemble at the beautiful Kala Academy Goa.

Pankuj thanked the producers for giving the opportunity for making a film like Banaras and he thanked the audience who had come in big nos. to watch the movie.

I thanked him for translating the story into a reality. I also read some comments made by people who have written to me about the movie during the last 8 months. I read five quotes who are all on my blog.

1.Prem, A mystic :
I just can’t believe that “they” are making such movies with great awareness, in bollywood.

2. Ulrich Mohroff, Quantum scientist:
Banaras has potential to awaken a soul to higher realities and if this happens to a few, it has achieved more than any of the blockbusters.

3. Gangatreya Pandeya, 90 year old, the author of Nachiketa:

What is depicted in Banaras is revealing, morally soothing, spiritually uplifting, refreshing and elevating.

4. Prof Murthy, Scholar of Upanishads and advisor to TCS in systems and cybernetics:

Banaras is a poetry in celluloid


5. Anonymous (to maintain the confidentiality)

It’s a story of my life. I lost my husband on the 15th day of my marriage. Banaras showed me the way to a new life.

I then said that such were the response from people around the world, however what mattered most that day was, that, how they find the film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home