Banaras, A Mystic Love Story

Banaras is not a destination its a journey of our lives. If you go to watch this movie for a ready-made solution or only to "kill" two hours, you may get disappointed. Banaras is aimed to create a thirst for something one is generally uncomfortable to explore.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The birds are now my neighbours

Some time back, I mentioned about the pair of birds (bulbuls), who have been trying to speak to me.

Well finally, I must have communicated to them something that they have decided to trust me :) I say this because just outside my office window, in my roof garden, on top of a christmas tree, they decided to make their nest.I noticed that yesterday, when among a lot of commotion (between them), they began to build their nest and since my office has are very large glass windows, I decided to keep them opened. It was a beautiful sight just watching them accomplish the half way mark by the end of day, yesteday.

Today, they began the work very early and by noon, the nest was ready. My excitement was infectious as that must have affected others. Someone went out to actually see and touch the nest just to look at the marvel creation of this amazing pair.The birds were obviously not happy that someone touched their nest and decided to lodge a complaint with me.





The male (I guess) came and sat a feet away from me and said things. I don't think I have mastered their language yet, yet, I more or less understood the underlying complaint, and instructed all including the gardener, not to go near their nest.



The pictures were taken with my mobile.

It was a beautiful feeling that I was filled with for the whole day. What a beautiful life. All they have to worry is to build a nest and reproduce beautiful loving children not unlike themselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Uma Maheswari said...

Nice to know about your new friend. I had a similar experience with king fisher, I use to see him every day the window, just next to my study table. I use to talk to him everyday, he keeps shaking his head or make some funny noises, people thought I have gone crazy...I don’t know if its the same bird, but I had one just in my window for three years in two different towns. When I turn back, those were the toughest days in my life, and speaking to him always made me feel very light. My mom, who saw this happening with me, was the only person who believed it so far.

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Uma,

What can you say about people who believe in the only language they can speak.

We live in a beautiful world and we don't even know it.

I would send more pictures of the birds.

Friday, September 15, 2006 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home