Banaras, A Mystic Love Story

Banaras is not a destination its a journey of our lives. If you go to watch this movie for a ready-made solution or only to "kill" two hours, you may get disappointed. Banaras is aimed to create a thirst for something one is generally uncomfortable to explore.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

"Heavy stuff", Banaras Album and other stories

Today I visited Music world, an important retail store in Pune to buy some DVDs and Hindustani classical albums.

Incidentally I looked at the prominent display position for bestseller albums and was very pleased to find BANARAS album displayed. There must have been some 20 titles in all.
I also noticed 3 of them had special notes from the retail store. Among them was a bold note calling the album as "HEAVY STUFF".

It was an intriguing remark. Maintaining my anonymity, I asked the salesman as to what did they mean by heavy-stuff? His reply was swift:

"These days the store is full of funky stuff but when people who understand music come to the store, we don't want them to miss Banaras as it's real classy stuff."

Believe me, just to impress the guy, I paid 150 Rs and bought a CD of Banaras.

Another Story:

Today, I received a call from Ramakant, the actor who played Purnanand in Banaras.
He was really excited. Since I didn't recall his name, he reminded me that he was Purnanand. Though I was embarrassed, but it worked.

He said that he received a call from his Guru, who according to Ramakant( Purnanand), is a great sage.He informed Ramakant that he saw Banaras 7 times and at the scene where Babaji was revealed to be dead for hundreds of years, he cried every time, as he was reminded of his own Guru.

There are people more knowledgeable than we, who are able to connect with Banaras more easily than many of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home